Work with us at Dear Ollie & Co!
Part-Time Stationery Store Associate
Dear Ollie & Co. is a cozy stationery nook inside an indie-bookstore. Owned and operated by illustrator Sara Pulver, Dear Ollie & Co. carries all your favorite paper goods and gifts — greeting cards, journals, gift wrap, stickers, writing supplies, and more. We are happy to feature small businesses, designers, and makers from around the world, with a focus on women and queer creators.
We are currently seeking a friendly, creative, self-motivated individual with a love of stationery to join our small team on a part-time basis (8 - 14 hours a week).
The ideal candidate is:
- A stationery and design lover with a genuine interest in the products we carry
- Friendly, with an ability to cultivate relationships with our customers
- Proactive and self-motivated — able to succeed with minimal supervision
- A solid communicator — both with customers and our internal team
- Proficient with technology/computer skills - comfortable working on a PC and iPad
- Has a minimum 1 year of retail sales experience or other relevant customer service experience
- BONUS: Has a knowledge of design programs such as Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greeting customers and providing excellent knowledge on our products
- Handling retail purchases, exchanges, and refunds
- Inventory management and processing: entering new products into POS, pricing products, checking stock levels, etc.
- Visual merchandising and display
- Keeping store clean and orderly — includes daily organizing, dusting, etc
- Assistance with social media: styling and taking photos, writing posts, etc.
- Other miscellaneous tasks as assigned
Expected pay is $11 - $15 an hour, depending on experience. We are happy to offer a store discount to all our team members.
To apply, please send your resume to Sara at email@example.com.